2022 saw teachers and students alike adjusting to a “new normal.” As the dust settles on the aftermath of the COVID-19 lockdowns, many educators have found themselves facing new quandaries: How do we address the inequities that were exposed and heightened by the pandemic? How can we help students “catch up” scholastically, socially, and emotionally when they’ve spent formative years in a state of lockdown? Can things really go back to normal? Should they? Below are five popular posts from 2022 addressing these and other important and timely concerns from educators.
- Pandemic Reflections: Sealing the Cracks by Kyleen Gray
2. Teachers Can Leverage Their Value to Transform Schooling by Patricia A. Jennings
3. Pandemic Reflections: What Matters Most in Education by Alexis Wiggins
4. In Defense of Teaching Troubled Texts in Troubling Times by Deborah Appleman
5. A Fresh Start: Tips for Teachers and School Leaders in the New School Year by Kevin Scott