As schools resume classes this month, teachers and students are engaging in online learning to an unprecedented degree. To help educators meet that challenge, Norton Books in Education has recruited experts in remote instruction to address the nuts and bolts of teaching online. The practical tips below are excerpted from five Quick Reference Guides to be released this fall:
- Teaching English Learners from a Distance by Laura Alvarez
- Teaching Math from a Distance by Samantha Bennett & Alaina Barkley
- Teaching English from a Distance, Grades 6-12 by Troy Hicks, Andrew Schoenborn, Sharon Murchie, Janet Neyer, and Becky Schwartz
- How to Design Interactive Online Learning by Stephanie L. Moore
- Six Teaching Moves to Tactically Close Gaps in Learning by Suzy Pepper Rollins.